Today's post is about The Liebster Blog Award! Now, to be honest I hadn't heard of this award before it was mentioned to me, but I'm so excited to do it!
I was very kindly nominated by Eleanor from The Lipstick, The Girl and Her Wardrobe I was really so grateful to be nominated, and I also want to thank everyone who reads and comments on my blog it really makes my day!
This award was created to commend blogs with less than 200 followers so to be nominated for the award, you must have less than 200.
After googling The Liebster Award I found out how it works and basically it is an award passed on from blogger to blogger with a set of rules attached.
The rules do vary a tad bit from blog to blog but generally they are the same. They are as follows:
List 11 random facts about yourself
Answer the 11 questions which are given to you by your nominator
Ask 11 new questions for all the bloggers that you nominate to win the award
Nominate 9 bloggers with less than 200 followers to win the award
Go to each of the blogger's pages to let them know about their nomination
Thank the blogger who nominated you by mentioning them and link it back to their blog on your post
I hope you all understood the jist of it! Here it goes,
11 Facts About Me:
- I am a night owl. Literally I stay up way too late most nights as it is usually my post productive and creative hours, and unsurprisingly I am 100% not a morning person. (I'm writing this post at midnight!)
- I have failed on numerous occasions to keep a diary to write down things that I did and my thoughts etc. I've always loved the idea of keeping a journal and what better way to do it than share it with people who have similar interests! This blog has been the longest I've kept up a sort of 'diary' and I think it's because it's way more fun!
- I hate pizza. I always get questions as to why I don't eat pizza when I'm out with friends or having a meal somewhere. It's so simple though, I just do not like the taste of it, at all! It unusual and often an inconvenience (when there's nothing else or everyone's having pizza) but I just think it tastes rotten!
- I want to travel. I want to see all the beautiful places there are to see in the world. I haven't been to a load of different countries yet so I want to explore the world, because different cultures and landscapes fascinate me.
- My favourite animal is the cliché, a dog. I absolutely love dogs, their loyalty is so unique from other animals. I don't actually have one at the moment, but I would love to own a Japanese Spitz and a Golden Retriever one day.
- I am from Ireland.. so I'm Irish!
- My favourite drink is Coke. I could literally drink it all day. I know it's bad for you, but it tastes so good! When I was younger, they used to sell Coke Vanilla in Ireland but they don't any more so I haven't had it in about 10 years but it was soooo good!
- I am quite sentimental. I have a huge bag in which I keep tonnes of photos, letters and random bits and bobs which I love to look at after years of forgetting about it. I love taking photos as well, and I love to look back on old ones seeing how things have changed.
- I believe I was born into the wrong generation! I am obsessed with movies, fashion and music from the 1980's. I have a huge interest each of the decades of the 20th Century but the 80's is my favourite one. I listen to more old music than I do modern. I find that the oldies are way more appealing to me and I rarely go crazy for a new release these days.
- I have seen every single episode of Friends. One year I got the whole box sex for Christmas and that summer I watched all the seasons. It's one of my favourite programmes. I do wish I didn't sit down and watch them all in one go, because now I can't watch an episode on tv without knowing what to expect. Still, that programme is a classic!
- I haven't seen most of the Disney movies. I'd say that will shock a few people (it shocks most of the people I tell!). When I was younger I didn't watch that much tv but when I did I didn't watch cartoons. It wasn't for any particular reason, just my mum bought different types of movies. The movies I have seen was The Little Mermaid (when I was 14) and The Lion King (when I was 15). It is quite weird, but I enjoyed the movies I did watch like Pete's Dragon and The Little Vampire.
My questions from Eleanor were:
- If you could steal 1 celebrities wardrobe who would it be and why?
- Shoes or Bags?
- What is your favourite eye shadow?
- High end or drugstore makeup?
- What is your favourite clothes shop?
- What is your favourite makeup brand?
- What is your favourite item of jewellery?
- What is your dream pair of shoes?
- What is your favourite TV program?
- Do you have any 'investment' pieces in your wardrobe?
- What is your favourite shade of nail varnish?
- To be honest I don't really follow anybody's style in particular, but I do like what Miley Cyrus wears.
- Oh I am definitely more of a shoes girl. I think I have about 4 handbags in total! I think that a nice pair of shoes are so much easier to find than a nice handbag.
- That is a though one. I don't have a huge eye shadow collection so I'm going to say that my favourite palette is the Naked 1 palette by Urban Decay. If I could only use them eye shadows for the rest of my life then I would be happy with that.
- I will definitely say drugstore for this one. I think you can get dupes for most high end make-up in the drugstore, it's cheaper and I think there is more variety as well.
- Now this one took me a while to decide. I was torn between Pennys (Primark) and Topshop. Pennys is so cheap and cheerful, but I am going to have to go with Topshop as being my ultimate favourite. Their clothes are just so beautiful!
- I love different brands for different things, so this is a hard one. But if I had to pick one brand for the rest of my life, I would have to choose Revlon. Their foundations are brilliant and their lip products are equally as luscious!
- I have a lot of sentimental jewellery which I love, but my fanciest piece is a gold necklace with a diamond in the middle which I got for my 18th birthday.
- I'm not the type of person who fantasizes about the day they buy their first pair of Louboutin heels, I just care about how they look of me and how comfy they are! I would love a pair of black, closed toe wedges with an ankle strap.
- I simply could not choose one programme so I chose 4 instead! Downton Abbey, The Big Bang Theory, Moone Boy and The Inbetweeners.
- I don't know if you would call them 'investment pieces' but I have a staple pair of brown knee high boots and a denim jacket.
- My favourite nail polish for my toes is Aruba Blue by Essie and by favourite finger nail polish is any light nude colour. I like to keep it pretty natural on my hands for everyday wear!
My questions are:
- If you were stranded on a desert island, what 3 items would you talk with you and why?
- What is your favourite perfume?
- Favourite skin care brand?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- Would you rather wear no eye make-up or no foundation?
- What inspired you to create a blog?
- Share your best beauty tip.
- What is your dream job?
- When did you first start wearing make-up and what did you wear?
- Who is your favourite Youtube beauty guru?
- What are your top 3 current favourite songs?